Aquarion Water Company is pleased to announce a job opening for Water Treatment Plant Operator for their Hingham Facility. Aquarion Water Company is a private water company operating water systems in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. The Massachusetts headquarters is located in Hingham, MA at their 7.8 MGD surface water treatment plant.
The position of Swing Shift Operator (swing shift; weekly rotating shift covering shifts of varying days and times, including: 11 p.m. to 7 a.m., 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., and 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.) at the Grade IV Water Treatment Plant in Hingham, Massachusetts. Applicants must be a High school or Vocational school graduate or have an equivalent GED. At a minimum, applicants must possess and maintain a valid Massachusetts Drinking Water Facilities Grade 3 treatment license (in training or full status). Applicant must be in good physical condition and be capable of regularly working an eight (8) hour shift and scheduled overtime as required. Applicant must have the necessary water treatment, operations, and basic mechanical skills which are required to fulfill this position.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintain, operate, and adjust treatment plant pumps, motors, chemical feed systems and other equipment under general direction of the Director of Operations to assure optimum plant performance and compliance with all state and federal water quality regulations.
- Conduct facility rounds including monitoring of chemical usage and supply, and assessment of equipment for proper operation.
- Collect water samples and perform chemical and physical laboratory testing such as turbidity, chlorine, fluoride, pH, iron, manganese etc.; review and interpret information and data to ensure water quality meets all target water quality set points and regulations.
- Monitor for and assist in the resolution of process control issues.
- Monitor, control and operate treatment facilities, remote facilities, and distribution facilities (water storage tanks levels) via a SCADA system.
- Operate and troubleshoot electrical and electronic equipment such as controllers, water quality analyzers, recorders, and standby power systems.
- Maintain, operate, and adjust pumps, motors, valves, sluice gates, grates, reservoirs, and related appurtenances.
- Identify and assist in the coordination of maintenance activities on all equipment associated with facility.
- Compile, maintain, update, and validate maintenance documentation, plant log and various quality control reports including data entry into computer spreadsheets.
- Perform general plant maintenance and housekeeping.
- Operate a diverse assortment of mechanical and electrical tools, including test and calibration equipment, pneumatic tools, cutting, hand, and power tools.
- Insures all activities are in compliance with company and regulator mandated procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must be able to participate in a rotating shift schedule that includes working alternating shift hours on alternating days, including: 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.; 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Possess ability to lift 75 pounds and ability to use a respirator and other safety equipment.
- Perform other various duties as assigned.
The base wage rate for this position is $35.93 per hour (not including shift differentials for second and third shifts) which is scheduled to be increased in April 2019. Aquarion also provides and excellent benefit package.
For more details, and if you are interested in the above position, please submit a resume and a one-page letter indicating your interest to:
Stephen C. Olson, Director of Operations, MA
Aquarion Water Company
900 Main Street, Hingham, MA 02043
For additional information you can call 781-740-6694.