Water Distribution Supervisor – Town of Bridgewater
Category – Union Employment Opportunities
Status : Open Salary: Starting Salary $ 27.32/hr Published: October 1, 2016 Closing
Open Until Filled
The Town of Bridgewater is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the role of Water Distribution Operator.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Fully understands water distribution system operation and maintenance practices including but not limited to pipeline disinfection procedures, system flushing strategies, valve and fire hydrant maintenance practices.
- Performs operation and maintenance activities, including but not limited to the installation, modification, connection and repair of the water distribution system.
- Isolates system malfunctions and takes corrective actions.
- Maintains inventory, orders materials required to support the distribution system operation and activities. Prepares daily logs. Available for emergency response.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as duties require.
- Shall be required to operate trucks, backhoe, air compressor, pumps and related equipment.
- Must be able to interpret piping, distribution diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Maintain good working relationship with co-workers and general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Experience and Training High School diploma or equivalent with two (2) years supervisory experience in a municipal water system required.
- Special Conditions: Massachusetts Grade 3 (D3) Distribution license required.
- Valid Massachusetts Drivers license.
- Hoisting license – minimum 2B. CDL – class B with airbrake endorsement.
- Backflow and survey license preferred.
Please submit applications and resumes via email to email@example.com or to the Town Manager’s Office, ATTN: Water Distribution Operator, Municipal Office Building, 66 Central Square, Bridgewater, MA 02324. No phone calls please.
The Town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are selected for hire, the Town will provide a conditional job offer and check your references and conduct a background review before confirming your job offer and scheduling your orientation. If pre-employment drug-testing; medical testing; credit check; Motor Vehicle Record; CORI or, other background reviews are required, the Town generally makes a conditional offer of hire based on successful completion of these additional steps.