Dighton Water District
192 Williams St. N. Dighton, Ma 02764
The Dighton Water District is looking to fill the position of Water Technician. The Water Technician is a permanent full-time position and will work in the treatment facility as well as distribution as needed. This is a 40 hour per week position, with scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The wages will be $24.68/hr. to $32.66/hr. dependent on experience. The Water Technician will be responsible for installing, repairing, maintaining, operating, or otherwise ensure the safe and efficient production and distribution of drinking water. This is a Union position.
The desirable candidate will have the following characteristics:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in Drinking Water Industry construction and operation preferred.
- Retain the following licenses, or ability to obtain within 2 yrs.
- Massachusetts Treatment (T1) and Distribution License (D1). Treatment -T2 and Distribution-D2 preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a CDL endorsement with air brakes (Class B) preferred.
- Valid hoisting license 2B preferred.
- OSHA-10 hour in Construction Safety and Health certificate.
- Backflow and Surveyor license.
- Computer Skills necessary to communicate with DEP and EPA
- Retains the oral and written communication skills necessary to complete receiving reports, work orders, and/or prepare reports.
- Physically able to perform construction tasks in the field
If you are interested in applying for this position, please mail your cover letter and resume to Jeffrey Cloonan or call 508-824-9390 for further information. You may drop off or mail your application to: Jeffrey Cloonan, Dighton Water District, 192 Williams St, N. Dighton, MA 02764. Please note a background check as well as pre-employment physical and drug test will be required.