Wastewater Operator – South Shore
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has strived to make the world a better place by offering interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. Innovative and reliable for more than a century, we work to improve the communities where you live, work, and play. Join us as we grow.
Weston & Sampson Services is currently looking for a Wastewater Operator for the South Shore area with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience. This individual will be responsible for managing multiple wastewater systems that involve composing sampling programs and standard operating procedures for operating and maintaining water systems in accordance with Massachusetts regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Daily rounds and inspections of all plant equipment
- Monitoring and observing operating conditions
- Adjusting wastewater treatment equipment such as valves, pumps, blowers, dewatering equipment
- Performing routine lab tests and calibrating meters associated with lab analysis
- Maintaining compliance with all safety requirements
- Performing minor maintenance and troubleshooting of plant equipment
- Housekeeping and maintaining plant grounds
- Preparing monthly reports for wastewater systems
What you will bring:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- A minimum MA Grade 4M Wastewater Treatment Operator License is required
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with computers in a Windows based environment
- Knowledge of MA DEP regulation of plan O&M is desirable
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, holidays, weekends and nights as required
What we offer:
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company serving public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. With more than 600 professionals and counting, we are experiencing rapid growth. Looking for talented staff to join our team, Weston & Sampson encourages professional growth and achievement; offers a comfortable, collaborative working environment; and provides training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success.
In addition to a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture, Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Weston & Sampson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal: