Wareham Fire District – WATER DEPARTMENT
The Wareham Fire District (District) is looking to fill the position of Water Technician. The Water Technician is a permanent full-time position and will work Monday through Friday and weekends on a rotating basis. This is a 40 hour per week position, with scheduled overtime. The wages will be $20.00 to $36.05/hr dependent on experience. For a highly qualified person, the upper range is $43.26 per hour. The Water Technician will be responsible for installing, repairing, maintaining, operating, or otherwise ensure the safe and efficient production and distribution of drinking water and fire protection. Position will also assist with meter reading operations. This position is a Union position.
The desirable candidate will have the following characteristics:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of a two (2) year trade/vocational school in environmental science, engineering, electrician, plumbing, automation, or equivalent certificate. Four years of education with certificate or degree in water science or engineering; or electrician licence preferred.
- Experience in Drinking Water Industry construction and operation.
- Retain the following licences, or ability to obtain within 6 months:
- Massachusetts Treatment (T1) and Distribution License (D1). Treatment -T2 and Distribution-D3 preferred or higher.
- Valid driver’s license with a CDL endorsement with air brakes (Class B).
- Valid hoisting license for operating a backhoe and similar licence for fork lift.
- OSHA-10 hour in Construction Safety and Health certificate.
- Backflow and Surveyor licence.
- Proficiency with the following software:
- Sensus and Badger meter reading software.
- Computerized maintenance management system.
- Basic office software (e.g. Microsoft Office or similar).
- Retains the oral and written communication skills necessary to complete receiving reports, work orders, and/or prepare reports.
- Be proficient in speaking and writing the English language.
- Physically able to perform construction tasks in the field.
- Preferred to be within a 25-minute drive of the District water department office.
- Desirable additional skills are repairing electrical devices and ability to work on programmable logic controllers (PLCs) or programmable automation controller (PACs) from Automation Direct. Certificates or demonstrated experience will be used to assess ability.
Additional documents related to the job are available upon request. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter, resume and Water Department Application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-295-0450 for further information. You may also mail your application to: Laurie Uva-Perry, Wareham Fire District Water Department, 2550 Cranberry Highway, Wareham, MA 02571. Please note a background check and associated work will be performed as well as pre-employment physical and drug test.
Applications close on May 31, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.