TOWN OF BRIDGEWATER NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
POSITION TITLE: Wastewater Treatment Operator
POSITION REPORTS TO: Water Pollution Control Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Operates treatment facility to control flow and processing of wastewater, biosolids
• Monitors gauges, meters and control panels.
• Operates valves and gates, either manually or by remote control; starts and stops
pumps, engines and generators to control treatment processes.
• Performs laboratory duties and fills in for maintenance person when required.
• Must be able to maintain accurate records concerning process control.
• Drives a truck on as needed basis.
• Must be capable of performing rudimentary operational control functions within
• Involved with the operation and maintenance of the collection system.
• Shall be familiar with all safety equipment used in the department.
• Sign on Bonus up to $2,500 upon successful completion of introductory
• No Phone Calls, Open Until Filled
1) Minimum of MASS GRADE 4 WASTEWATER OPERATOR LICENSE.
2) Formal Education: High
School or Trade School education or equivalent training or experience
Applications and resume submissions will be received via email to email@example.com or
at the Town Manager’s Office/Human Resources, REF: WWTPO, Academy Building, 66 Central
Square -2nd floor.
The Town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin,
ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under
federal, state, or local law.