Pump Station Operator
Department: Sewer & Water- Public Works
Status: Full Time permanent, 40 hours
Salary: Grade W3; $25.72 – $28.13/ hourly
Duties:* Skilled technical work required to operate and maintain all mechanical pumps and associated appurtenances utilized within a water and/or sewer pump station and treatment plant.
- Performs routine and repetitive work of checking wells, pumps and equipment utilized in a ground water well distribution system, recording and reporting all pertinent data.
- Operates and maintains pumping station equipment including vertical turbine, centrifugal and chemical pumps and associated equipment.
- Monitors ground water and storage tank levels and makes adjustments in accordance with demands.
- Makes regular frequent inspectional checks of all water and sewer pumping stations and storage facilities, recording all data.
- Maintains a clean and orderly condition of all installations and grounds.
- Takes routine and special water samples as required and may either perform testing or send to laboratory for analysis. May make chemical adjustments under the direction and guidance of either a licensed water system technician or licensed supervisor.
- May work with a road crew; install meters or fill-in for a water system technician or septic facility operator on a temporary basis.
- May assist other DPW Departments as needed, all other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Works/designee
- High school or technical school graduate with a minimum of two years of employer in water supply, preferably specific to pumping equipment.
- Possession Class D driver’s license issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Certification as a Drinking Water Facilities Operator Grade 2D or the ability to obtain within one year is required.
- Other desirable licenses include certification as Wastewater Operator Grade 2M
- Must be able to work outside in all weather related conditions, due to the workplace environment must have knowledge of proper workplace safety conditions and protocols.
- Must have the ability to move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is opened until filled. All applicants can submit cover letter, resume and Town Application to the following address or email below:
Human Resources Administrator
135 School Street
Walpole, MA 02081
The Town of Walpole is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual preference or any other legally protected status. Posted Friday August 9, 2019.