Water System Field Operator
Town of Dover, MA
Aquarion Water Company is the public water supply company for more than 700,000 people in 58 cities and towns throughout Connecticut, as well as serving customers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It is the largest investor-owned water utility in New England and among the seven largest in the U.S. Based in Bridgeport, CT, it has been in the public water supply business since 1857. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a responsible steward of the environment and to assist the communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices. Aquarion Water Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversource.
The Water System Field Operator works as the on-site hands-on operator under general supervision for Aquarion’s water systems in Dover and Plymouth, MA, with primary responsibilities (and time spent) in Dover, MA.
Applicant must have a high school diploma and valid driver’s license. Experience is necessary in a majority of the following: drinking water supply, treatment, pumping, and distribution, electrical, control systems, mechanical, and customer service. Applicant must be able to diagnose problems and make necessary repairs and corrections with minimal supervision. Preference is for candidates with at least Treatment 1 and Distribution 2 certifications. Must have, or be able to obtain within 9 months of employment, Class 1 certifications in Treatment and Distribution of Water from the state of Massachusetts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and operate wellfields and treatment plants (chemical addition) and distribution facilities, including accurate record keeping for company and regulatory purposes.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and implement plant flow and process control
- Insures all activities are in compliance with company and regulatory mandated procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Must participate on standby roster, work rotating, evening, weekend shifts, and
- Handles system/equipment disruptions and after-hours
- Plan, coordinate, and perform maintenance activities on equipment associated with wellfield, treatment facilities, and distribution system. Review and validate maintenance documentation.
- Perform water quality tests, collect water quality samples, and coordinate sample testing with
- Perform meter reading
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Strong problem solving, organizational ability, both oral and written communication
- Experience with the operation of personal
- Possess ability to lift 100 pounds, work in confined spaces, and drive utility
- Perform other various duties as
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
The field operator position requires weekend, holiday, and flexible shift work which would include wellfield, treatment facility, and system rounds and emergency repair. Field Operators are required to work paid rotational on-call hours and overtime is expected. Company truck provided for business purposes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 60 pounds.
Aquarion requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Aquarion’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Aquarion does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Salary: $33 – $36/hr.
Please apply via URL: https://jobs.aquarionwater.com/job/Dover-Water-System-Field-Operator-MA- 02030/914297300/
Aquarion Water Company is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.