Water Distribution Operator
Town of Bridgewater, MA
The Town of Bridgewater is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the role of Water Distribution Operator.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Fully understands water distribution system operation and maintenance practices
including but not limited to pipeline disinfection procedures, system flushing
strategies, valve and fire hydrant maintenance practices.
• Performs operation and maintenance activities, including but not limited to the
installation, modification, connection and repair of the water distribution system.
• Isolates system malfunctions and takes corrective actions.
• Maintains inventory, orders materials required to support the distribution system
operation and activities. Prepares daily logs. Available for emergency response.
• May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as duties require.
• Shall be required to operate trucks, backhoe, air compressor, pumps and related
• Must be able to interpret piping, distribution diagrams and engineering drawings.
• Maintain good working relationship with co-workers and general public.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Experience and Training High School diploma or equivalent with two (2) years supervisory experience in a municipal water system required.
• Special Conditions: Massachusetts Grade 3 (D3) Distribution license required.
• Valid Massachusetts Drivers license.
• Hoisting license – minimum 2B. CDL – class B with airbrake endorsement.
• Backflow and survey license preferred.
Starting Salary $ 27.32/hr
No Phone Calls, Open Until Filled
Please submit applications and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Town Manager’s Office, ATTN: Water Distribution Operator, Municipal Office Building, 66 Central Square, Bridgewater, MA 02324. No phone calls please.
The Town of Bridgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.