Distribution System Operator
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Since 1899, Weston & Sampson has strived to make the world a better place by offering interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. Innovative and reliable for more than a century, we work to improve the communities where you live, work, and play. Join us as we grow.
Weston & Sampson is seeking a Water Distribution System Operator to support operations, maintenance and management of their Chatham, MA project.
What you’ll do:
• This position will perform a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the cleaning, locating and inspection of the water distribution system and groundwater wells
• Operate a variety of light equipment and leak detection equipment.
What you will bring:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 2+ years’ experience in a related position desirable but not required.
• Driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must possess a MA Grade 3-D and MA Grade 2-T Water license as well as, the ability to obtain a MA Cross Connection Tester’s license within one (1) year of hire.
• Confined space entry required.
• Ability to be on call nights and weekends to work overtime in response to emergency situations and alarms.
• Must live within 30 minutes of the Town of Chatham to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
• Must work outdoors in all climates.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch signal.
• Hear traffic noise and observe oncoming traffic for safety.
• Perform simple & power grasping, pushing pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls.
• Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to heavy lifting and carrying weight of 100 pounds.
What we offer:
Weston & Sampson is an employee-owned company serving public and private clients throughout the eastern United States. With more than 600 professionals and counting, we are experiencing rapid growth. Looking for talented staff to join our team, Weston & Sampson encourages professional growth and achievement; offers a comfortable, collaborative working environment; and provides training, resources, and state-of-the-art tools/equipment to promote success.
In addition to a welcoming, inclusive corporate culture, Weston & Sampson offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacation, 401K plan with employer match, and an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
If interested, please submit your resume through our career portal: