Water Handler – Town of Bridgewater
Union Employment Opportunities
This position follows the Grade 8 of the AFSCME Compensation & Classification Schedule – Position Range $43,596.80 – $57,220.80
March 2, 2018 12:00 PM
March 23, 2018 4:00 PM
DEPARTMENT: Water Supply
POSITION REPORTS TO: Water Supply Superintendent, Chief Plant Operator
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This content is qualifying, but not limited to:
Must hold a certificate required by the Massachusetts Division of Registration for Drinking Water Facilities, currently a Grade 2-T or obtain a certificate within six (6) months of hiring. This position requires certification by the Massachusetts Division of Registration for Drinking Water Facilities. If the Town’s Water System is upgraded, must obtain License as system is rated.
Water Handler will assume the following duties and responsibilities:
• Must be able to operate and repair chemical pumps and motors of all kinds.
• Must be able to keep chemical pumps and motors clean and operating at all times.
• Will handle water treatment chemicals at all times in a safe manner.
• Will perform maintenance in all the Water Plants and Pump Houses.
• Will keep all Water Treatment Plants, Pump Houses, and Water Towers clean inside and out.
• Must be able to work harmoniously with all Water Department Personnel.
• May have to perform other duties within the Water Department.
• Will work under the direction of the Chief Plant Operator.
• Will have to upgrade License Certification if the Board of Water Registrars upgrades the Town’s Certification requirements.
• Will do all work as assigned or required by the Water Superintendent.
• Answers directly to the Water Superintendent; in his absence, reports directly to the Chief Plant Operator.
TO APPLY: Applications will be received until 4:00 P.M., Friday, March 23, 2018 at Human Resources, REF: Water Handler, Academy Building, 66 Central Square or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.