TOWN OF BRIDGEWATER
NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
APPLICATIONS: Will be received until position filled at the Office Town Manager, RE: Water Treatment Operator, Academy Building, 66 Central Square or via email to email@example.com.
HIRE: $43,825.60 1st YEAR $51,570.48 MAXIMUM: $52,850.20
POSITION TITLE: Water Treatment Operator DEPARTMENT: Water
POSTION REPORTS TO: Water Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent or designee
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Treatment Plant and pump stations – Record and evaluate readings, pumping rates and flows. Note any unusual changes and take appropriate corrective action;
- Treatment Plant and pump stations – Check all operational equipment for proper operation, switching to alternate equipment as appropriate, and report all failures;
- Maintain logs and laboratory performance sheets, observe variations in operating conditions, interprets reading and test results in order to accurately determine processing requirements.
- Laboratory analyses – Use proper techniques and procedures in analyses;
- Process control – Use knowledge of SCADA and other systems to control, monitor and troubleshoot the water treatment processes;
- Treatment Plant and pump stations – process equipment, instrumentation, generators and alarms. Troubleshoot, repair, lubricate, inspect, clean and paint;
- Treatment Plant and pump station – Duties include cleaning, repairing and painting.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and may conduct mechanical repair work as needed.
- Performs similar or related work.
- Maintain required licenses
- High School Diploma or equivalent with two years of prior experience in the operation of equipment; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Has or obtains valid Water Treatment T-2 License in full within three (3) months of employment.
- Massachusetts Driving License