Aquarion Water Company of Massachusetts
Operations Supervisor, Hingham/Hull, MA
The Operations Supervisor assists the Director of Operations with direct oversight of the day-to-day operation, management, and coordination of the Hingham/Hull water system. This position provides emergency response coverage as needed and on a scheduled basis.
Assists with the direct supervision of 6 Utility Operations union staff and 6 Supply Operations union staff, including: distributing daily work assignments including SAP; monitoring the status, performance, and quality of completed work; monitoring and reviewing overtime; and, reviewing scheduled and unscheduled time off.
- Assists with the review, management, coordination, and maintenance of Company vehicles and equipment, and their use to ensure safe and efficient operations and compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Assists with the oversight of water quality and regulatory compliance issues for the water supply, treatment, and distribution systems, and reviews analytical data, assesses any impacts on water quality and compliance and assists with the investigation and resolution of customer water quality complaints.
- Implements follow-up actions with Operations staff and assists with the creation, development, and review of compliance reports for the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Department of Public Health (DPH), and Department of Public Utilities (DPU).
- Works with Water Quality Division to oversee and manage the execution of the water quality sampling program to assure regulatory compliance. Responsible for the inspection of remote sample sites, and update water quality sampling plans.
- Assists with the management of the Cross Connection Control Program, Hydrant Flushing Program, Valve Maintenance Program, Meter Reading Program, and Customer Meter Replacement Program (PTs).
- Assists with the preparation and submission of monthly and annual reporting and submittals.
- Supports the Director of Operations with quarterly Board reports, Rate Case presentations, Strategic Planning, and other meetings and projects as necessary.
- Stays abreast of and adheres to all current safety practices in accordance with Company policies and industry guidelines and regulations. Expects the same of subordinates. Prepares Job Safety Analyses and conducts Job Safety Observations.
- Assists with the planning, preparation of supply and utility operations expense and capital budgets within areas of responsibility.
- Acts as local liaison and assists with the coordination of Contractors and Town Departments as needed on construction and maintenance projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Interfaces with managerial, non-managerial, union employees, customers, contractors and other AWC departments.
- Experience with managing and interacting with Union staff.
- Problem solving, planning, budgeting and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft applications, ability to learn SAP)
KNOW HOW: (Education, Experience, Certification required, etc)
Education: Bachelors degree in Engineering, science, or related field, with a minimum of 6 years experience in operations and/or engineering of public water systems. Higher level degree (MS or MBA) is advantageous. Ability to obtain, hold, and maintain Class 3T and 3D Massachusetts Drinking Water licenses. Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Broad understanding of Massachusetts drinking water regulations (310 CMR 22) and Department of Environmental Protection Guidelines and Policies for Public Water Systems.
For more details, and if you are interested in the above position, please submit a resume and a one-
page letter indicating your interest to:
Stephen C. Olson, Director of Operations, MA
Aquarion Water Company
900 Main Street, Hingham, MA 02043
For additional information you can call 781-740-6694.