TOWN OF BRIDGEWATER
NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
APPLICATIONS: Please submit applications and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Town Manager’s Office, ATTN: Water Distribution Operator, Memorial Building, 25 South Street. Applications are available for download at www.bridgewaterma.org/employment. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
HIRE SALARY: $ 27.32/hr
POSITION TITLE: Water Distribution Operator DEPARTMENT: Water
HOURS: 40 per week FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
CLASSIFICATION: Local 1700, AFSCME
POSITION REPORTS TO: Water Superintendant
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: May supervise subordinate water distribution crew only
Complete position description is attached and available at www.bridgewaterma.org.
The following is Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Fully understands water distribution system operation and maintenance practices including but not limited to pipeline disinfection procedures, system flushing strategies, valve and fire hydrant maintenance practices.
- Performs operation and maintenance activities, including but not limited to the installation, modification, connection and repair of the water distribution system.
- Isolates system malfunctions and takes corrective actions.
- Maintains inventory, orders materials required to support the distribution system operation and activities.
- Prepares daily logs.
- Available for emergency response.
- May be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as duties require.
- Shall be required to operate trucks, backhoe, air compressor, pumps and related equipment.
- Must be able to interpret piping, distribution diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Maintain good working relationship with co-workers and general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Experience and Training
- High School diploma or equivalent with two (2) years supervisory experience in a municipal water system required.
- Massachusetts Grade 3 (D3) Distribution license required.
- Valid Massachusetts Drivers license.
- Hoisting license – minimum 2B.
- CDL – class B with airbrake endorsement.
- Backflow and survey license preferred.